Which shower pump ?

I want to install a power shower. Current gravity fed one is barely adequate and doubt whether it would work with a reasonably large shower spray head. Anyone any idea what rating of pump I would be OK with - I've seen stuff from 1.5 bar to 3 bar. Don't need to be lanced with needles of water but do like a good flow. Thanks

Reply to
Stephen Judge

Even the cheapest pump will be a revelation. However, if you don't mind paying for quality and reliability, go for a Stuart Turner. When plumbing in, consider pumping the bath taps too. Get one with a brass body for hard water areas.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Get a Stuart Turner - I've tried others but they really don't compare.

Rob

Reply to
Rob Whitton

KBB2000 do a Watermill 3bar brass pump which IMO is comparable to a Stuart Turner for a significantly lower cost.

Regards Capitol

Reply to
Capitol

Reply to
Stephen Judge

A single impellor pump only pumps one supply (either the hot, or the output from a flush mounted mixer valve). A twin impellor pumps both hot and cold supplies.

For a normal single mixer shower, not a panel type, anything likely to be on sale will do. If you run multiple showers simultaneously (or a panel shower), then go for a higher pressure, such as a 3 bar.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle