Which shower for my Ferrolli 77FF Combi

I am looking at various shower vendors ranges (Mira/Grohe/Aqualise/Triton) attempting to match a shower solution. I have a Ferrolli 77ff combi, but the thermostatic showers model specs are saying they are compatible with "Fully Modulated" combi boliers. I have looked at the manual for the boiler and can see it is modulated, but dont know what fully modulated is or wether this model is. The combi is rated 76k BTU and @ 35 degrees has a flow rate of 9.2 litres per min. Anyone got a working solution for this boiler or a reccomendation ?

Reply to
paolo

A classic case of weaselling out I suspect. IMHO the description "fully modulating" should mean the unit would be able to turn down progressively from full to zero output. Practicalities of combustion etc dictate that this cannot be achieved over this entire range so turning down from full to a specified low rate is usually the case with an on'off situation below this. Some boilers turn down in steps and may give noticeable change in shower temperature as the shower control struggles to maintain steady output to step change inputs. You should check your boiler documentation to find out if your model is progressive or stepped modulation. A call to the shower valve manufacturers should be the best way of finding out if they can advise you if your particular boiler is suitable if you are still in doubt.

Reply to
John