Which shower base - "tuff lite", cast stone or ??

I'm tempted by a B&Q Amazon 900x900 quadrant shower, they do 2 base types: one in cast stone and the other (more expensive) called "tuff lite". Has anyone any opinions on these?

Are there any other types or sources of shower base I should be considering? My only restriction is that the waste outlet should be in the square corner to keep the plumbing simpler.

Reply to
Dave

coram waterguard is what I'm fitting

RT

Reply to
[news]

Thanks but they seem to be very high off the floor and the outlet looks like it's in the curved bit, not in the corner.

Reply to
Dave

/checks spec sheet

210mm to 240mm and the rigid surround panels do away with a helluva lot of buggering about with bits of wood, which will have to be painted and will rot eventually.

how do you mean, keep the plumbing simpler ? it's pushfit, innit ? bit o silicone grease on the trap and it's pushfit from there on in !

I would have thought (and indeed did) that having a very high quality tray with a patented watertight upstand would be the most important feature of a tray.

I've looked at about a dozen different trays and I've settled on this brand.

send off for their latest 'new generation waterguard showertray' brochure, the one with the fitting guide, before making a decision. ring em up on 01746 713 400 and a brochure will be with you on monday.

hth

RT

Reply to
[news]

I want to sit this on the floor and run the waste between the joists, this gives a height of 60-70mm. - but I'll certainly check the Coram ones in more detail before deciding.

Reply to
Dave