Which Patio Slabs

We are in the process of trying to choose patio slabs for a new (quite large) patio area. A light-coloured sandstone is the preference and we like the appearance of the textured slabs. Is it worth sealing the stone after it's laid. We are concerned that the textured slabs, in damp conditions, can take on a 'mouldy grey' look if not cleaned regularly. We have only ever had a cheap(ish) patio built before at our previous house - many years ago - and are now looking for quality that will last us in our new house.

We will not be doing the work ourselves due to the many levels in the garden and the size of the patio.

Any experiences and advice would be appreciated.

Jo

Reply to
Jo