Which newsgroup

Page 3 of 3

Sounds like you've made up your mind before entering the showroom, then, so a time waster.
Can't speak for Mercs although I've certainly read they're not as good reliability wise as they once were, but I bought my BMW simply because it was the best car in its class in *every* way. And I tried all the opposition. I'm not going to be put off enjoying my driving by a poor salesman - that's like cutting off your nose to spite your face. And I doubt I'm unusual in this respect.
--
*Bills travel through the mail at twice the speed of cheques *

Set Square wrote:

I wasn't aware that
(a) we were all salesmen and
(b) any selling - apart from IMM's ego - was going on here.

Hehehe!!
Si
Robert wrote:

uk.d-i-y, but you can crosspost and cover both.

I guess that after that idiot spammer posted his off topic mail harvesting scam to this group recently many people are now killing all crossposted articles so they don't see the rubbish that resulted from that post.
--
Alan

FWIW, I kill all articles crossposted to any "free" group.

Not all ISPs carry the 'free' groups.
--
*Succeed, in spite of management *

uk.d-i-y Everyone is so friendly (and opinionated, which is just what you need)
Suz

No they're not. At least that's what I think :-)

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Oh Yes They Are...
David

uk.diy has ten times more posts than the free.uk.diy.home indicating that few people actually contribute to the 'free' groups.
--
Alan
Alan wrote in message ...

Ah, but IMM and Andy don't generally contribute philosophy to free.uk.diy! Can you have "quantity and quality?" Regards Capitol

The free.* groups are not propagated by enough of the transit servers to work. Given how they came into existance, that should not be any surprise except to those who originally created them.
--
Andrew Gabriel

Er, no. There are not 15,000 postings to this newsgroup per day, or per week, or probably per month
The number of historic posts to a group such as this depends on which news server you are getting them from. Many servers have a few weeks of postings and individual readers often expire posts after a few days.
If you have 15,000 posting then you are not expiring them from your software or you are witnessing the problems caused by that idiot just before Christmas with his mail harvesting Yahoo group scam. I'm not seeing any of problem articles because I'm rejecting all cross postings.
--
Alan

Is there another?
Mary