Which newsgroup

Page 1 of 3
Could someone tell me which is the best newsgroup to post to. uk diy or free.uk.diy.home
many thanks and Happy New Year
Robert wrote:

What the hell kind of a stupid question is that?? Especially when posted to uk.d-i-y...
Why don't you have a good read of both groups, and decide for yourself.
--
Grunff

Oh dear someone can't seem to handle their drink from last night and is suffering this morning. Turn off the PC and go back to bed.

Richard Evans wrote:

No, I'm always this intolerant of stupid questions (I'm equally intolerant of top posting - learn to post).
--
Grunff

There are "natural pratts" and there are "hostile pratts". Grunff is "dual qualified".
Jim wrote:

Is it just me or have we just acquired a whole bunch of clueless newbies for the new year?
--
Grunff

We think it is just you who seems to have been beaten round the head with intelligence limiter stick. Perhaps if you had an ounce of New Year cheer about yourself you would have given a half decent reply to a genuine query in the first place.

Please do not top post;
http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html ftp://ftp.demon.co.uk/pub/news/doc/so1036.txt http://fmf.fwn.rug.nl/~anton/topposting.html http://homepage.ntlworld.com/g.mccaughan/g/remarks/uquote.html . http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?How_to_post http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/gey_chr0.htm http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/gey_stv0.htm http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/dont.html http://www.geocities.com/nnqweb/nquote.html http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/2000/06/14/quoting.html http://www.html-faq.com/etiquette/?toppost http://www.html-faq.com/faq.php?clue=topposting http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt http://www.jsiinc.com/newsgroup_document.htm http://www.malibutelecom.fi/yucca/usenet/brox.html http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote2.html http://www.newsreaders.com / http://www.planefacts.ndirect.co.uk/group/advice / http://www.plig.net/nnq/nquote.html http://www.star-one.org.uk/computer/format.htm http://www.usenet.org.uk/ukpost.html#s3 http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/quote.html
Get your OE fixed here; http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix /

But there wasn't one to give, anyone with half a brain would have just asked a 'DIY' question and see what the response was, it's not as though the OP was asking his original (which group should I post to) question in 'uk.net.beginners' or some such group !

Yet another top-posting fuckwit.
Si
message

Si, that wasn't worthy of you.
Mary

Beg your pardon :o)
Tis the season, and all that.
Si
Mungo \"two sheds\" Toadfoot wrote:

Yep. The season when you finally clear the family, the alcohol, and the ghastly enforced idleness out of your system and heave a sigh of relief and get back to lambasting top posters on Usenet.

"The Natural Philosopher" wrote | > Tis the season, and all that. | Yep. The season when you finally clear the family, the alcohol, and | the ghastly enforced idleness
'scuse me. I spring-cleaned the lounge and went out to watch fireworks Hogmanay, did 3 loads of washing and cleaned the bathroom on NYD, and bought and fitted a new wall light in the lounge today (and earthed it, too, unlike the fitter of the previous thing who cut back the ECC in the T&E and thought that a screw into the plasterboard would be a better earth. When I find the other end of the T&E and connect that to earth too it'll be properly earthed.)
Idleness is in the hands of the idle.
| out of your system and heave a sigh of relief | and get back to lambasting top posters on Usenet.
Could you do something about the cross-posters while you're at it?
Owain

Hear hear!
Mary

Mungo \"two sheds\" Toadfoot wrote:
Ah, another bottom posting 'No rule shall be broken' cos I am too stupid to understand when' man.. :-)

Grunff wrote:

*waves*
I'm hoping to absorb DIY skills by osmosis. In reality, I'm just going to have to give things a try, fuck them up, and learn from mistakes, right?
--
Ben Blaney
Must try harder
Ben Blaney wrote:

Just ask away Ben, there are helpful people here on nearly every facet of DIY. However, we might not know much about motorcycles or be able to advise you on the wisdom of following West Ham United!
Bob
--
To Reply directly to my mailbox, change myisp to ntlworld

Bob Minchin wrote:

I don't know enough to ask any questions yet! But I will, when the time comes - thanks.

lol
--
Ben Blaney
Must try harder