Which glue for plasterboard ?

I've got a couple of small jobs in which I need to glue small pieces of plasterboard to plasterboard. Anyone any idea which would be the best glue? Wood Glue? PVA? Liquid Nail? I guess plasterboard adhesive would be good but I need a 'small volume' fix, not large dabs. TIA, Paul

Reply to
Paul

As you say, pb adhesive is the real McCoy, but I'd probably go for Liquid Nails otherwise.

David

Reply to
Lobster

You dont tell us what kind f forces wil be on it, but if its lightweight, anything will do. Wood glue, pva, uhu, thinned fishpaste, carpet glue, araldite, kids water based glue, wallpaper paste, anything. Youre only gluing paper together.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

If both pieces of plasterboard are flat, then PVA would be good enough. If there's any sort of curvature than you need something beefier, with gap-filling properties. Gripfill, possibly, at least it's fast.

Reply to
Steve Firth