Which end is the setting end

I have a led security light with a pir sensor, and the knobs? which are used to adjust time , sensor and lux are a bit confusing as to which end is the setting end.

The 3 knobs are all the same shape, and when you look at them or just one from the side view, it is tapered and has a small dimple in the high end. All 3 knobs turn through 360 degrees, as it is a bit like guesswork at the moment, but I'd prefer to take the guess work out of it when setting the light up correctly.

Any ideas anyone?

Reply to
Bob H

I have a led security light with a pir sensor, and the knobs? which are

Have a closer look. Mine have function and direction of rotation marked in lightly embossed black markings on a black background next to the black knobs! In poor light even with my reading glasses I can't see them.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

But IME there's always been a certain logic to the direction. Clockwise = more (time, sensitivity, lux), anti-clockwise = less. Having said that the clockwise/anticlockwise brain cells get confused when I'm reaching round the back, which sort of mirror-images everything, so I imagine myself behind the light while doing it, IYSWIM.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

Ok, next to each knob, there is a part circular tapered embossed marking when looking at it from the underside front, or upside down, the embossed circular taper looks to be on the front right side and tapers or narrows, from the front to the right side.

Again each knob has a small dimple at one end, so is that the denoted setting end. In other words if the knob has the dimple next to the part circular embossed taper, is that the setting end. I suspect it is, but am not sure.

Reply to
Bob H