Which door closer?

I live in a flat, and the closer for our stair door has packed in. Overwhelmed with the plethora of closers offered by Screwfix, I'm not sure what to get to replace the duff one. The door is wood framed with a large glass panel. It doesn't feel drastically heavy (a bit lighter, perhaps, than a fire door in commercial premises).

Any suggestions for a suitable closer that isn't too pricey?

Reply to
Wally

Why not just get an identical model to the broken one? Then you know it will be OK; same screwholes even, so will be an easy neat job.

David

Reply to
Lobster

The broken one is ancient. The stuff on Screwfix all looks rather newer (brushed ally finish, for one).

Reply to
Wally

Wow, Screwfix do have a lot. In short, cheap ones lack adjustment, expensive ones are, well, expensive.

I also live in a flat with a communal stairwell and the doors have Arrow door closers, british made, built to take a lot of traffic and plenty of scope for adjustment. A narrow (split) door has an Arrow 300 series and a heavier, wider door has an Arrow 400 series.

This lower/mid priced one might suit your needs:

?id=42707 (£28.49) It has 10yr guar, is fire rated and has power (size) adjustment as well as the other more usual adjustments.

Reply to
fred