Which combination ladder?

I need some sort of combi ladder - primarily for decorating the hall, stairs, landing. (Ours are very ordinary stairs with two mini-landings and, of course, three flights.) But the other ways of using them might also be useful in unpredictable ways. Weight isn't very important to me

- but would be if partner ever needs to move them!

So I set to and found Screwfix offering this:

And Wickes offering these:

And now Lidl come along with:

Multi-purpose Ladder Lightweight aluminium frame. With safety lock. Single ladder extends from (m): 2.51 - 4.19. A-shape ladder extends from (m): 1.24 - 2.01. With practical tool compartment. Price per item. 58.71*

(Currently not on their website - I guess the newsletter went out a day early this week. Supposedly available from 02/01/08.)

So - all four are within a penny of each other. All can be picked up or delivered fairly easily. The ones with reviews all seem to get quite positive comments.

So which should I get? Any other suggestions?

(Yes - I should have got the cheaper one on offer at Screwfix earlier in the year.)

Reply to
Rod

not this one

Kevin

Screwfix 59020 seems to be a goodun

NT

Reply to
meow2222

When I searched SF the other day, I found that one. But yesterday - didn't seem to! Thought I had misremembered there being two at SF.

Thanks.

Reply to
Rod

I have this one from Wickes. Unlike the other two it folds at three points rather than just one.

This site has some better photos showing the various combinations possible

might be able to blag a 20% off voucher from Wickes.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

bodged (holes out of line with the hinge etc)? 10-15 seconds in.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m