Which Boiler

On Mon, 03 Dec 2007 15:32:12 GMT someone who may be Phil Gardner wrote this:-

It may be worth pondering on this assertion and what it tells us.

going?

Provide a real URL and I might discuss this further.

Reply to
David Hansen

On Tue, 04 Dec 2007 17:51:44 +0000 (GMT) someone who may be "Dave Plowman (News)" wrote this:-

Some people call repairs/replacement maintenance. Others, it seems, call them something else:-)

Reply to
David Hansen

A point worth bearing in mind is that buying just on brand alone may not be enough to avoid a lemon. Many makers will have models from at least a couple of generations on the market at any one time. This may for example include purpose designed condensers with corrosion resistant primary HEs, and down firing burners etc, alongside models from the previous generation with conventional HE and burner layouts and an additional condensing HE bolted on at the end. Something like an Ideal Icos is miles away from a Mexico in technology terms, yet they still do both.

Reply to
John Rumm

In message , David Hansen writes

There's nothing to stop someone posting a long URL and then underneath post a tinyurl to a completely different site, is there ?

Reply to
geoff

Please yourself Frankly if you are that paranoid I don't think we have much to discuss anyway

Phil Gardner

On Wed, 05 Dec 2007 12:17:41 GMT someone who may be Phil Gardner wrote this:-

I have done so.

Your loss.

Reply to
David Hansen

I wouldn't necessarily do so. However the url above does tell me where it's going to redirect me.

clive

Reply to
Clive George

Having read some of your tedious posts on solar and nuclear energy im quite confident this loss will not affect my choice of boiler in any way.

Reply to
Phil Gardner

On Wed, 05 Dec 2007 14:57:13 GMT someone who may be Phil Gardner wrote this:-

I note that you were unwilling or unable to make any specific comments on them and simply resorted to a broad attack.

Your loss.

You may have the last word.

Reply to
David Hansen

On Wed, 5 Dec 2007 13:38:10 -0000 someone who may be "Clive George" wrote this:-

Not until after one clicks it. Thus when one clicks it one has no idea where it is going.

Reply to
David Hansen

I click the url. It takes me to a page where it shows me the url to which it wishes to redirect me. I then click that url - at all points I know where the next click is going to take me.

I suppose one question is how well do you know tinyurl?

clive

Reply to
Clive George

Are you some kind of psychic paranoid? Can you tell just by looking at a written URL link what the content is, or whether it is redirecting to another url, running suspect scripts or Active X? Here is a REAL URL that explains it all

is it?

Reply to
Phil Gardner

In message , Phil Gardner writes

Could you explain what you mean by that term please. A reference to an Athens accessible journal would be appreciated.

Reply to
Si