Which battery

Apologies if this has been asked and answered many time before, but can anyone recommend a good carvan battery?
TIA
Jim vomited Which battery onto my velour:

Duracell AAA.
--

Phil K.

http://philkyle2003.reachme.at/
On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 16:42:06 +0000, Doctor Procphiltor
| Jim vomited Which battery onto my velour: | | >Apologies if this has been asked and answered many time before, but can | >anyone recommend a good carvan battery? | > | >TIA
| Duracell AAA.
:-)
IME Duracell are no better that other Alkaline batteries, they are just more advertised. Have you noticed that the TV advert *now* only says that it is better than *Zinc Carbon* batteries, but I have not seen a zinc carbon battery on sale for ages.
--
Dave Fawthrop < snipped-for-privacy@hyphenologist.co.uk> Killfile and Anti Troll FAQs
at http://www.hyphenologist.co.uk/killfile .

Still on sale at sheds and supermarkets. I use them for clocks.
--
*Why is it that most nudists are people you don't want to see naked?*

they?
--
Chris Green

Isn't that just a different name for the same thing? Carbon and zinc refer to the anode and cathode - chloride the electrolyte?
--
*Reality is the illusion that occurs due to the lack of alcohol *

Dave Plowman wrote:

I think you are right. Zinc chloride/carbon and manganese alkaline
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

This will explain all:
http://tinyurl.com/3hz8q
Terry D.

It's the same as referencing telephone costs to BT standard rates isn't it.
BTW, anyone who phones abroad, look at
http://www.telediscount.co.uk/index2.php

--
geoff