Where to order loft insulation online

Anyone know where I can order loft insluation online?
B&Q don't seem to do it online nor Screwfix.
Thanks,
Bill
--
Aim to work one hour less this week than last week and get paid the same.

Bill Gardener wrote:

Because it is bulky and of lowish value for its bulk, your best bet is to phone up using yellow pages, a local insulation supplier and get them to deliver.
In general every maor town will have at least one decent builders mercahnt, and every major town one or mo=re decent trade insulation supppliers.
I used a company called Encon I think, who are national. Also local builders merchants - depending. Celotex was cheaper from teh nsulation suppliers, but standard rockwool was cheaper from the BM.

Bill Gardener wrote:

Well, you can do it by phone and get it delivered. There is a scheme funded by nPower here:
Grant Provider: npower Grant Name: DIY Loft Insulation End Date: 31-Dec-2003 Grant Description: DIY loft insulation. 150mm thick, 7 m sq roll area, 1.49/m sq. 100mm thick, 11m sq roll area, 0.99/m sq. Including VAT, home delivery & installation kit (goggles, gloves, mask & manual). Contact: scheme helpline on 0870 161 1116..
Easier to just fill the car to the roof though.
--
Toby.

Toby wrote:

Better still look at Warmfront grants. If you fall into certain categories they will fit cavity wall and loft insulation and even replace your faulty boiler .... for nothing..

Don`t count on it - my pensioner mother-in-law had an old warm-air unit which would go through one cycle of heating then fail. It would often require the supply to the house switching off and back on again before it could be reset.
If the boiler works when first "inspected", even if the fault becomes permanent the next day, you are not eligible to apply for it to be looked at again for 6 years (might have been 8 years). She had no water or heating for ~10 months, but they`d do nothing.
We even had an MP on the case, but rules are rules, and the law is an ass.