Where to go from here?

Hi all,

Just found this group, as I am going through a rough time at the moment. I'm not actually divorced, or even getting divorced at the moment, but that could change very soon.

In the last few months, my wife has met a new friend, another mum who collects her children from the same school. This woman is a single mum, and is usually described by others as 'a bit of a slapper' - always wearing heavy make-up, bleaching her hair, different boyfriends every week - if any of you are familiar with the term 'Essex Girl', that's her.

Since then, my wife has been spending loads of time with her, going out clubbing once a week, always disappearing round for a cup of tea and then getting home in the early hours, spending time and money on fake tans, make-up, new clothes etc. I keep getting told that she's just renewing herself now that the children are growing up a bit (3 boys, 9,7 & 5), and that I should be happy for her now that she's re-inventing herself, but I am getting fed-up being a single parent.

Should I be more understanding, or should I go with my instincts and take a walk?

Gary

Reply to
Gary Cavie

Oh bugger it - I clicked on another group, but for some reason it went here. Sorry for this!

Reply to
Gary Cavie

No worries, and good luck with it all.

Reply to
Steve Walker

No - just get yourself a boyfriend.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You're in the right group, nows the time to take up DIY.

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby