where to get strong, long-lasting plastic pipe a little more than 110mm dia

Where can I get 3-4mtrs of 130-140mm diameter tough plastic pipe?

I need to route a 110mm drain pipe accross the entrance to a lockup garage. I can only dig down 200mm, owing to the wide footings. So I envisage embedding the pipe in concrete, perhaps with some steel reinforcing mesh for good measure, but if the pipe ever got damaged in any way - say, where it exits the solid concrete, it would be extremely difficult to remove and replace it. So I'm thinking of embedding a slightly larger diameter pipe in the concrete (say 130mm dia), through which the 110mm pipe can be pushed.

Yes, I *could* bury the pipe deeper, beyod the reach of the footings, but it would be a big hassle, and would get untidy, as the pipe really needs to stay as close to the wall of the garage as possible, with no sharp bends.

It appears that the next size up from 110mm in foulwater drainpipe is 160mm

- but that would be too big for my purposes, as the maximum depth I have to work with is only 190mm, and some of that (say 50mm) should ideally be concrete covering the pipe.

Can anyone suggest where I can get 3 - 4m of 130mm dia pipe (cheaply)?

Thanks...

Jimx

Reply to
Jim x321x

You'll be looking at the metric version of 6" pipe I reckon which is 160mm:

Tim Watts

What'll be running in the pipe?

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

Ebay item 200800549063 is 150mm, for example. If you're worried about it being too close to the surface, cover it with slabs before you fill.

Cheers

Reply to
Syd Rumpo

Belay that - 150mm is the ID, so it would be too big.

Cheers

Reply to
Syd Rumpo

It wouldn't be difficult to break a couple of inches of concrete with a sledge hammer so you could do it again.

You could wrap the pipe in bubble wrap so you can pull it out later but it means the concrete will be providing all the strength so you need about 100 mm.

Reply to
dennis

In message , Jim x321x writes

Extractor fan duct comes in a 5" version. Last seen on E-Bay:-)

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Tim Lamb wrote in news:KZwdGAjE2WMVFwv8 @marfordfarm.demon.co.uk:

That definitely looks like the solution. *Thank you!*

Jimx

Reply to
Jim x321x

"Phil L" wrote in news:0grYw.222465$ snipped-for-privacy@fx06.am:

I see your point, and thanks for that. I looked at the building regs recently. Capping with slaps as per the regs is not an option because the regs require that the slabs should extend 30cm each side of the pipe. I can't do that because the pipe will be almost butted up against the wall, just below dpc level.

I think what I may do is cover the pipe with sand and then concrete it over, with but I won't be able to give it the whole 4" of surrounding sand or gravel that the building regs stipulate. It's not practical for me to obey the regs to the letter here. If a building inspector ever tells me to re-do it, another way, then that's what I'll have to do. But hopefully that will never happen.

Jimx

Reply to
Jim x321x

"Dennis@home" wrote in news:55314bb5$0$15831$b1db1813$ snipped-for-privacy@news.astraweb.com:

Thanks; I think you have a good point. I guess I could costruct it so that it's break-uppable with the right hand tools, without being breakable through downward pressure from a car.

Jimx

Reply to
Jim x321x

In message , Jim x321x writes

Perhaps adding some steel reinforcing mesh will satisfy Building Control.

Your motor car won't get that close to the wall anyway. I wonder if the

4" concrete specified is more to do with a carelessly used garden fork/spade.
Reply to
Tim Lamb