Where to get small torx screwdrivers

Does anyone know where to get small torx scredrivers or bits ? The smallest one that I have is T10 and this appears to be the smallest that most places go down to.

The reason is that I have a Erricson T68 mobile phone and the joystick sometimes doesnt work in the downward direction. I guess that the it just needs a bit of a clean inside. There are 2 very small torx screws under the battery, which I am guessing goes some way to taking it appart, but I dont have any torx bits that small.

Reply to
Alan Campbell

Smaller drivers aren't hard to come by - it's the loose bits that always stop at T10. From memory Maplins do 'em. My other half got me a Nokia fit (T6?) from eBay.

Reply to
Scott M

didn't mention 'cheap' :-)

Reply to
David W.E. Roberts

Recently got (on last months special offer) a Maplin "security bit" kit, for about 10GBP. This included (with lots of other patterns) a set of torx bits with a centre hole - down to some of the smallest torx sizes I have seen - T5. The centre hole will not make these any stronger, but for the tiny sizes you need this may be an economic way of getting small bits, with added the bonus of being able to remove those irritating "special" heads that electrical manufacturers use to protect us against ourselves.

Can't see this kit on the web site at present, but they have something similar down to T8 if this is small enough. Otherwise might be worth ringing to see if they have any of last months special offer, or trying one of the shops if you have one nearby.

Charles F

Reply to
Charles Fearnley

Google for 'mobile phone screwdriver' - really!

Reply to
Bob Eager

you can buy a t68 "toolkit" on ebay for less than a fiver including postage

's probably cr@p but then you probably only need to use it once

Nick Brooks

Reply to
Nick Brooks

Mills have a mini-Torx set with T6, T7, T8, T9, T10, T15 & T20. Their part number F72-3040 at £9.95 on the web site

They've also got the a mini-Torx key set (one of those things like a Swiss army knife but where every blade is a Torx bit), better value at £1.95 and it has T6, T7, T8 and T9 standard Torx, plus T10, T15, T20, T25 Tamperproof Torx. Mills part no H70-5001.

Phil

Reply to
Phil

In message , Alan Campbell writes

CPC sell a mobile phone tool kit whether it's what you need or not I don't know

About 6 quid IIRC

Reply to
geoff

My local "Pound Shop" has them.

Reply to
John

As others have said, these are almost certainly T6 screws. Somewhere lost in my tool room is a T6 screwdriver I bought from an Ebay seller along with a new Nokia screen, but as it appears to have gone to odd-sock and black-biro heaven, I found the smallest straight blade screwdriver in my "jewellers" set will also remove T6 screws without much difficulty.

Reply to
John Laird