where to get scaffold boards

My extension walls are getting higher, which I guess is a good thing :-) So ... whats the best place to get scaffold boards ? Used is fine. Unless hiring the boards is cheaper. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

They are approx. £1 per foot new. Would you really risk a 2nd hand board when you are carrying 20kg of cement 20 feet up? Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

Found this, I'm sure there are others, but it gives a good idea of sizes/prices.

kdband

I bought them from a timber merchant when I wanted some. I needed them cut to length to fit in my car, and they refused, claiming it's illegal to cut scaffold planks shorter. I did eventually convince them, but they sawed off the ends with the metal straps and the BS number, so no one could claim they were scaffold planks any more. (I wanted them to straddle the top of my stairwell, so I could stand on them to plaster and paint the wall.)

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

You should have duct-taped them together, strapped one end of the bundle to one of those granny shopping carts, and towed them home behind the car ;)

Reply to
Jules

In article , sm_jamieson scribeth thus

Try SGB directly, they supply country wide and are quite inexpensive:)..

Reply to
tony sayer

They are pretty cheap to hire, but hire shops also sell them - either new or when the start to look a bit manky.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

You don't need them.

Get some or all of your roof or ceiling timbers and use those like all good builders do!

Reply to
Phil L