Where to Get IR 'Dome'?

In the cause of tidiness, my Freeview box is now inside a cupboard, with a solid white painted wood door. No wires show, however, the remote wont work (obviously).

I want to drill a hole in the door to let the IR beam in (the box is janmmed up against the door).

What can I use to cover the hole to make it as discrete as possible?

David

Reply to
David P

Better still, get a wireless remote extender from Maplins. No need to drill the hole, then.

Reply to
Huge

Why not get some doors with opaque glass in them. IR should pass through okay.

Reply to
Mike

It totally depends on the glass.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Trouble is, the door is an original door built into the alcove at the side of the fireplace so I'd rather leave it alone as much as possible.

The remote sender is a good idea, but I actually have a Freeview box, and a surround-sound unit in there too - so I'd need 2 remote sender kits. A bit expensive really.

Leaving the door ajar works, but, not very pretty!

Reply to
David P

Err, no. The remote units just pick up IR and parrot it at the other end. You only need one (set) no matter how many remotes you're extending.

Reply to
Huge

Try here:

of options and I imagine one will suit!

david

Reply to
Vortex

Hey this is great. I'll let you know what I go for. Cheers.

Reply to
David P

In message , David P writes

I hope you have plenty of ventilation too.

Reply to
Bill

Well I solved it very easily. The link to satcure (above) lead me to the IR extender for the Freeview box itself, for =A312 plus p&p. The discrete pod is next to the tv, and the thin connecting wire is channelled with all the other TV cables inside a 'floating' shelf. Job done.

Cheers Vortex.

Reply to
David P

Cheers Vortex.