where to get coloured epoxy filler ?

I need some coloured epoxy filler (grout ?) to improve a dogdy worktop join (not done by me). Any ideas ? It needs to end up a yellow/cream type of colour. Thanks, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

B&Q, Screwfix, worktop suppliers.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Most good marine or yacht chandlers carry gelcoat repair kits with small tubes of pigment for colour matching - or try:

Wealright

Nope! all worktop sealants come in brown,white,grey opaque. :-)

-- Sir Benjamin Midllethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

here, has the resin colours too

Reply to
Sean

Dickhead.

Who said anything about worktop sealant? He wants worktop filler, Colorfill is one brand I can think of that is sold by B&Q. Laminate floor filler may also do the job.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

are stuck you can get away with dyes or dry out some acrylic artist's paint and regrind it. A plain white filler will dry to a cream. Try talc and araldite.

Place a strip of cellotape on a longer strip of tape -adhesive to adhesive, and use the longer strip to hold the other over the finished fill.

That will be your finished face. Polishing afterwards will ruin the shine as it will expose the filler particles.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

I repaired a deep gouge in my boat's gelcoat using a repair kit. Mixed the colour to match, sanded and polished - it had a shine as good as the original finish.

Reply to
Wealright

Dickhead

Grout or filler will not sucessfully keep the join, it will crack under movement and strain put on it,however sealant will move with movement.

-- Sir Benjamin Midllethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Milliput?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Works fine for me, but then I support my worktops properly.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Epoxy (West System is incomparably better than Araldite) and cheap acrylic paint in a tube (couple of quid for a set from the highstreet remainders bookshop / art shop). If there's movement, then filling it's a good idea. Proper fillers are best, but talc, chalk whiting, hand-chopped coton wool fluff (scissors or herb chopper) will work too.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Grind some worktop plastic down to a fine powder and mix it with the epoxy ?

john2

Reply to
john2

sm snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote: I need some coloured epoxy filler (grout ?) to improve a dogdy worktop join

Look at the Fill & Seal range from Trend (the router people). Expensive, but works really well IME. I have successfully added a drop of coloured acrylic paint to the Fill & Seal to get a perfect match.

CRB

Reply to
crb