Where to get a sanding block in Sheff?

I'm after a 6" rubber sanding block, or thereabouts in metric sizes. The sort that takes a strip of wet and dry. The local paint factors wants £7 for one, when they're obviously not worth more than £3 (and can be had for that kind of money posted off ebay). Any ideas?

Reply to
Doki

Tell the shop your opinion and that you can get one off ebay for =A33. Do post back and tell us what the reaction is.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Got one from B&Q for £3 so no need really. The paint factors in question is pretty well known for having stupid pricing. Bloke behind the counter seen you a few times? Then it's sane prices today. Get served by someone different, and the bill will be mental...

Reply to
Doki

I'm dying to ask - where is Sheff?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

On Thu, 31 May 2007 20:52:50 +0100, "Mary Fisher" mused:

Bloody Southerners.

Reply to
Lurch

Is it perchance a typo for Shelf? That's not far from us, it's just outside Bradford.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

On Thu, 31 May 2007 22:18:26 +0100, "Mary Fisher" mused:

Hmm, that's annoying, I always though you were a Southerner. Perhaps being from Sheffield it seems obvious what Sheff is?

Reply to
Lurch

Oh, sorry, I thought everyone knew I was born in and have lived all my life in Leeds. Apart from four years when we were first married it's been in the sme square mile. Why on Earth did you think I was a s**th*rn*r?

:-)

Perhaps. In 68 years I've never heard it called that!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

On Fri, 1 Jun 2007 09:27:16 +0100, "Mary Fisher" mused:

Well, you come out with some right old piffle at times, hence my assumption you were a southerner.

Can't say as I'd say it was a common spoken abbv, but for writing it is.

Reply to
Lurch

That's a value judgement :-)

Piffle is in the eye of the beholder.

If lots of energy is used in explaining it there's not much point in trying to save time or effort!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Does this mean that Rotherham is abbreviated to Little Sheff?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Judging by the smell as you drive up the M1, yes!

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq