Where to buy Stopgap 300 in Surrey

Hi all

I need to level the floor in my cloakroom so that I can lay some tiles, and after doing some reasearch F-Ball Stopgap 300 seems to be the business ! Before I hit the phones does anyone know of anyone who stocks this preferably close to Kingston upon Thames in Surrey

Thanks

Jim

Reply to
JimM

Ask Balls?

01538 361633

Volante in Wimbledon stock Balls's products, but could well be trade only.

Reply to
Jim White

Jim White ( snipped-for-privacy@jimwhite.co.uk) wibbled on Tuesday 15 February 2011 14:40:

Don't know about local to Surrey - I found internet delivery the only way to get the stuff...

I got mine here:

they don't list it - might be worth phoning them

Also

*will* need some P131
(if you have certain screed to go over - check the data sheet), P121 Do not skimp on using this - it ensures adhesion and also allows the Stopgap to stay wet - putting Stopgap direct on any sort of absorbant surface will ruin it.

?m=product_detail&p=17055P131 goes on with a big brush or cheap paint roller.

Ideally for the Stopgap 300, make one of these up:

the 3 roundhead screws on the top of the Tee - this allows you to quickly push a bucketload of stopgap allover whilst gauging it to a nominal depth (I set mine to 3mm) - if you move it out fast, it will find its own level fairly reliably.

It is more reliable if you stand in it with your wellies for 10-15 minutes and work it all over with a spiked roller. Gets the air out and helps it to keep flowing alloing gravity to take care of the level completely. Expect near millpond perfection - if you have a slope to deal with it is worth putting more Stopgap down in one goe to ensure >3mm thickness over all parts of the floor. It has *some* visosity so if you put it over a hump that needs

1mm coverage, you will tend to still end up with a slight hump unles syou are in a position to "rule it off" between guides.

For a cloakroom which is presumably small(?), your single bag will probably be fine but working it with a spikey roller (even a small one) will help tremendusly to get your final surface flat.

HTH

Tim

PS - not hoping to put it over bitumenous old adhesive are you?

Reply to
Tim Watts