Where to buy small glass bath screen?

I'm looking after a flat with a shower over a bath. The bathroom's fairly small so there's a shower curtain rather than a screen. The problem is that water runs down the wall at the end of the bath, over the edge of the bath and is making the carpet mouldy. I'm trying to find a small glass panel (300x1500'ish) to run up the wall from the bath to stop the problem, but all I can find are (expensive) large panels - any suggestions? Or is there anything designed as a dam to solve the problem? Also, this is going to have to fix on an outside corner!

Dave

Reply to
Dave

4 fold bath screens are good and means you can dispose of the mouldy billowy curtain. Folded away, they would take less space than a 30cm screen.

Oh, and is it possible to dispose of the carpet? The concept of carpet in a bathroom is repulsive!

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Do these "4 folds" concertina or actually fold? When I've seen folding screens before, the problem is that the fold can be outside the bath so they don't work terribly well.

"Repulsive" seems a little strong, what's so wrong with a bathroom carpet (providing there's a drip-catcher under the loo)?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Have a word with your friendly local double glazing shoppie .They might make one up for you .

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

The one I had (from B&Q) had 4 glass framed panels that were hinged. There was no restriction on which way the hinges went. You can fold it flat against the wall concertina-ed up, either all inside or all outside the bath. In my case, I found that the panels were narrow enough to fold it inside, despite a mixer tap and shower valve.

When having a bath, it was unobtrusive. I don't like most shower screens as they close down the space and few have enough wall space in their bathrooms to fold them away.

In case of doubt, the model I had was like this:

can also get longer 7 fold types, but these are a bit bulkier when folded away.

Because they get water all over them and rot. Even the most careful user of the toilet will spread urine all over the room. Even sitting down. The urine atomises and enters the air invisibily.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

The message from "Christian McArdle" contains these words:

Yup - but not as bad as carpet in a kitchen. The first three houses we rented all had carpetted kitchens. Two the landlords happily paid for the vinyl we replaced it with. The other one the kitchen got burnt out[1] before we could fix it.

[1] Dopey flatmate, deepfried eggs with Coronation Street playing a supporting role as Distraction.
Reply to
Guy King

What is the best flooring for a bathroom? I ask, as I am desperate to get rid of a carpet that have inherited.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Personal choice innit.

Tiles make for a good base, but usually cold. Lino is easily cleaned. Lino tiles are piss easy to lay and cheap.

Otherwise gold plated bronze sheet would look nice...a little slippy in the wet though

;-^

Reply to
Me

yellow page a glass supply company. They will make you one up out of safety glass, and will supply fitments as well

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Nah, polished marble is the bees knees

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The message from Dave contains these words:

Vinyl, preferrably curved up at the edges and sealed nicely as a mitre, though it needs much thicker stuff than usual to do this properly. A floor drain in the middle would complete the perfect bathroom. Then you don't need to shout at the kids for getting carried away at bath time.

Reply to
Guy King

Thanks. Just solved the problem with a bit of lateral thinking. Glass shelf turned through 90 degrees - even solves the problem of fixing near an external corner because the shelf brackets are on one side.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Christian McArdle wrote: ... snipped TThanks for the suggestion but they look too big - solved it (in theory, not yet in practice) with a glass shelf turned through 90 degrees.

Mmm, I'm not aware of "spreading urine all over the room" but maybe I'm more careful or have more self control :-) (or just don't know how to have fun)

Dave

Reply to
Dave

I was quite shocked when someone mentioned "golden showers" and they weren't talking about chav accessories for avocado corner baths either.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Would that be safety glass? I have exactly the same situation as yourself, and was looking for a solution. A rolled up flannel seems to stop the trickle of water for us at the moment (actually, it has worked for the last year - when we remember to put it down).

Reply to
Grumps

Make it your self with 1" L shaped aluminium at a DIY shed and a sheet of perspex from same place or the Local bus shelter. ;-)

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

The message from Dave contains these words:

Here's a fun experiment. Put a clean ceramic tile on the floor next to the loo. Leave it a week, then hold it up so you can see the light reflected across it - you'll be amazed how many tiny splashes there are. Some are wee, some are aerosol from flushing the loo.

Reply to
Guy King

Yes. I found a range of shelf "components" in Homebase, several different sizes and shapes of glass plus a choice of bracketry. Probably cheaper to get the local glass firm to do something but this was convenient.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

What size shelf did you use?

Reply to
Grumps

Grumps wrote: ... snipped

It's a rectangle with one long face bowed-out (they have quadrants and rectangles too), size is 800x200 but there's a range. I've bought it but not fitted it yet.

Dave

Reply to
Dave