Where to buy short length of soil pipe

Screwfix sell it in 6m lengths, and I need under a metre... B&Q don't seem to have it at all... Any ideas?
TIA
Ben

Last time I was in B&Q, they had loads of the stuff. They'll even lend you a handsaw...
Christian.

Hmmm. Maybe it's just my store. I did find my sink/cabinet at a B&Q, but no sign of it in my local store. Oh well, ta for the pointer. I'll have another look!
Ben

Perhaps you have a standard B&Q, rather than a warehouse. You could also try plumbers' merchants.
Christian.
On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 16:27:02 +0000, Christian McArdle wrote:

Agreed, if you are a regular customer they will likely allow you to cut 1m off a 3 or 4m length.
The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk

B&Q warehouse sell it, but not the smaller stores. 3m is the popular length, and 2m costs almost the same, 1m is about half the price.

Why not have a trawl round for somewhere where building work is taking place. You often find pieces of soil pipe - long enough for what you want - thrown away in skips.
--
Cheers,
Set Square
Set Square wrote:

Thats what I was going to suggest. Works for me .... Skip near here was full of good stuff recently.. with the builders permission I liberated it to the safety of my shed :-)
Even building site foremen have been known to give me small quantities of stuff e.g 2m damp course fabric .... if I ask nicely.

I'm not sure the OP wants second hand soil pipe...
Christian.

I wasn't talking about second-hand! Plenty of surplus unused stuff gets chucked in skips.
--
Cheers,
Set Square

Usually plenty of offcuts of unused new stuff in the skips.
--
Niall

Not especially!
Just walked into the kitchen though and realised that I have some on my doorstep. My bathroom fan runs through a walk in cupboard and then through the kitchen (bathroom is in the middle of the flat, no external walls). And don't ask me why, but they used soil pipe for the venting. I've already got an air admittance valve - I was going to cap the soil stack in the loft, and run the fan up through there. Which leave me with a couple of metres of second hand soil pipe - but which has only ever had humid air in it. Why didn't I think of that before....
New toilet turns up on the 29th, and then I can fit it and fix all the leaks in the soil stack in one swoop. Didn't fancy messing around with it twice....
Ben

Worked for me, when I needed some steel mesh for plastering and it was in the same street, only 2 mins walk.
Dave

Ben, I am not sure where you are located however if you are in the Ealing area we sell plumbing products and can sell less than a standard length of piping. Give us a call before you visit to make sure we have it in stock. Sorry we cannot deliver. Cheers
Robert
Avenue Supplies (http://www.avenuesupplies.co.uk )