Where to buy short drawers runners / system

Hi

I seem to be having some trouble sourcing some drawer runners for my new kitchen.

I have a small base unit used for breakfast stuff (kettle / toaster etc) that is basically a Ika wall unit used as a base unit to fit into a small space. I want to put drawers into this unit for cutlery etc, but cannot eem to find any suitable drawer runners. I have the drawer fronts from Ikea.

I am looking for somethin fairly substantial like the Ikea drawer system, but only 300mm deep (400mm wide), preferably full extention.

Something like this

seem to be plenty of supplies of drawer runners that fit into normal

600mm dep base units but not wall unit size.

I would rather source them locally (Birmingham) but I have no problem ordering them online

Any ideas folks?

Thanks

Duncan

Reply to
DeeBee

I had just this problem when wishing to fit a custom made drawer under a

12" shelf. Someone here - can't remember who - recommended just cutting down standard 600mm ones, and it worked fine. You loose the 'ramp' at the end which gives a degree of self closing, but this isn't a problem in practice if everything is level. You'll have to drill some new holes in the runners as well as cutting them.
Reply to
Dave Plowman

Reply to
Chris O