Where to buy French/Belgian mains sockets?

Where can I buy reasonably priced French/Belgian mains sockets? I'm looking for surface mounting 4-way (i.e. 4 sockets in a row) but almost anything would be useful.

I can find reasonably priced Schuko sockets but not the proper French/Belgian ones with the protruding earth pin.

In Belgium the prices are totally OTT, like 20 euros for a single socket.

Reply to
tinnews

In message , snipped-for-privacy@isbd.co.uk writes

Have you tried somewhere like Makro?

I was in the one in Liege a couple of weeks ago (I had to buy a multimeter) prices didn't look to be that much out of place

Reply to
geoff

a selection of 'backboxes' including a couple of doubles and a triple for mounting vertically or horizontally and

has the 2P+T sockets on offer at the moment - less than 3 euro I think.

Most of the brico's will have a choice of 'boite encastrament' (backs) and sockets, but I can't recall seeing anything larger than a triple. Note that some of the popular sockets such as legrand might be too big for multiple mounting.

John

Reply to
JTM

Do not MK still list them, they used to (assuming I'm thinking of the same sockets), will probably be a specail order via a (non shed) UK electrical trade outlet, no idea on price though as I've never had to buy any..

Logic Plus range.

K4150 WHI

1 GANG 16 AMP 250V SHUTTERED (NON UK)

K4152 WHI

2 GANG 16 AMP 250V SHUTTERED (NON UK)

Or in their Modular range;

K5831 WHI K5831 BLK GERMAN 2P+E

16 AMP 250V SHUTTERED EURO 2 MODULE (NON UK)
Reply to
Jerry

has a selection of 'backboxes' including a couple of doubles

Not less than three Euros, 4.75 for single socket, still cheaper than I can find in Belgium though.

Thanks for the pointers, I'll maybe take a look in France on my way home on Monday.

Reply to
tinnews

Ah, but 'German' are Schuko which are not the same as French/Belgian plugs and sockets.

Reply to
tinnews

On Sat, 11 Sep 2010 14:31:09 +0100 someone who may be snipped-for-privacy@isbd.co.uk wrote this:-

Farnell. They are not easy to track down on their web site, but

is what you seek. No idea if you consider the price reasonable. Two can be put in a plate on a UK double gang box.

They also do German ones

a "universal" one

and a US one

Reply to
David Hansen

Don't know about Belgium, but standard for French sockets is: no accessible mounting screws when socket is in use, so these might fail an inspection

John

John

Reply to
JTM

And who says some of the UK rules & regs are badly thought out? I cannot begin to imagine any sort of situation where that makes a jot of sense.

Reply to
Scott M

What about non/poorly earthed switch boxes were there might be a risk of the box becoming live, with no external (metal) screws showing then there is no chance of an electric shock hazard.

Reply to
Jerry