Where to buy a wall switch with auto-off

Does anyone know where I can buy those domestic light switches that automatically switch themselves off after 5 minutes or so?
Thanks
Alf

Any wholesaler - they're called time lag. But they're not cheap.
TLC charge about 15 quid for one. EK 400A or B
www.tlc-direct.co.uk
--
*A fool and his money can throw one hell of a party.

On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 01:00:45 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman

Thank you for that, Dave.
Alf
"Dave Plowman" wrote | > Does anyone know where I can buy those domestic light switches that | > automatically switch themselves off after 5 minutes or so? | Any wholesaler - they're called time lag. But they're not cheap. | TLC charge about 15 quid for one. EK 400A or B | www.tlc-direct.co.uk
I have seen them even in B&Q.
If several are required (up a staircase) then an electronic one and separate push buttons may be cheaper and less susceptible to vandalism. They also don't go 'snap!' when they click off.
Several manufacturers produce a DIN rail mounting 'staircase lighting' control unit for the Consumer Unit.
Owain
It is doubtfull if the local car show room has any nor even the greengrocer on the corner. Try the nearest chinese takeaway they may have one. If all else fails I probably would try a electical wholesale outlet that the trade use. Plenty in my local yellow pages.
message

Sarcastic bas*ard :~)
What's an 'Electrical wholesaler' anyway, is it the same as B&Q [1] ?!...
[1] although it is amazing just what B&Q do now stock in the way of electrical stuff, at least in my local one...
Jerry. wrote:

What is handy where I live is that they are all on the same industrial estate, 300m from B&Q...

The larger ones are very good but their stock control seems to leave a lot to be desired. You can never get everything to complete a job without going elsewhere. Must annoy the trades people they are trying to attract.

I know ! My attempt at sarcasm hailed dismaly, although it would have help if I had remembered to inclued a smilely... :~(

Well, not every wholesaler stocks them as this has come up before. And not every spotty yoof behind the counter will know what you mean.
--
*It ain't the size, it's... er... no, it IS ..the size.

Mike Taylor wrote:

Screwfix have a pneumatic one. Good for use on the stairs if you have kids :-)