Where to buy a strange mains lean on a Sunday?

I don't suppose anyone knows where I can get a mains lead with a C19 connector on a Sunday? These are a higher current (16A) and slightly larger equivalent of the standard IEC mains inlet connectors, e.g

the C19 connector would do, as I could make up the rest.

Thanks

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Last time I wanted one, got it from

- so if you are up that way...

Reply to
Rod

Anywhere selling APC UPSs - the larger ones. These use C19 as the mains input connector.

Sunday? Hmm...

Reply to
Andy Hall

Try PC world or Maplins

Reply to
curious

Sadly not. Was hoping for something in London, or perhaps up to 40 miles out to the North, West, or South of London (should have said in the original posting). Need 4 of them too.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I've got one for sure and possibly a couple more if I can find them that you are welcome to if its any help (Hemel Hempstead).

Reply to
Peter Parry

Thanks Peter -- I'll followup by email.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

In article , Andrew Gabriel scribeth thus

I've got a couple around if your that desperate near Cambridge!...

Reply to
tony sayer

In message , Andrew Gabriel writes

(assuming that they haven't morphed into the Pirates of Penzance)

Reply to
geoff

Andrew

How about Rapid Electronics in Colchester? They have mains leads with a C19 connector (stock number 23-6470) and their trade counter is open on Sundays between 10 am and 2 pm.

Regards

John Storey

Reply to
John Storey

Andrew,

Thinking about anyone searching in the future - did you find anywhere?

Reply to
Rod

No. Rapid Electronics was suggested, but was too far. I picked one up from Peter (thanks Peter) and I pinched my own one, which gave me two.

A couple of people mailed asking what it was for. It's a Sun

8000P blade rack. It takes 10 blades, each with 4 Opteron CPUs on it (i.e. 40 Opterons total). It has 4 x 3kW power supplies; it requires 3 to work and one redundant. I tried it with just 2 of the power supplies and only 3 blades. The blade chassis controller booted, but it still wouldn't allow me to power up any of the blades. I've ordered 4 leads from RS.
Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Andrew,

Thanks - nice to know either way.

I know these people are a) good, b) have C19 kit, c) are in North London but d) are closed on Sundays so did not mention them before:

(Typing C19 into the search box is sufficient.)

Should have done so as they are open Mondays.

Reply to
Rod

12kW. Was this a boiler replacement? ;-)
Reply to
Andy Hall