where's my hot water?

I've just moved into a house about 30 years old. There was building going on outside so they had to cut the water supply. When the water was eventually turned back on i could hear the water filling the tanks in the attic, great. I gat up this morning and all the cold taps have running water but the all the hot taps do not, also my electric shower does not work. Has anybody know what's going on or the steps to finding out the source of the problem.
Thanks Paul

Probably an airlock. Solution depends on the layout of your system, but often involves connecting your mains pressure cold supply to the offending section by fair means or foul.
In the event that you have gravity hot water and mains cold water to a kitchen mixer tap, you can place some sort of rubber or soft plastic pad over the spout and hold it on tight with a tea towel. You then turn the hot on full and give a five second blast of the cold, pulling on the towel hard enough to not turn the kitchen into a swimming pool. Success depends on the shape of the spout and the layout of your hot water system.
Christian.
Hello Paul

If they've not worked since you moved there, it could be *anything*. Airlock, a stopcock turned off, broken pipes or even just plain not connected.
You're not giving us much to go on. If you can't spot the problem yourself, you're going to need somebody to look at it for you.
--
Simon Avery, Dartmoor, UK