Where is the expansion vessel valve on ideal response boiler???

Hi,

Anyone know where the valve is located on the CH expansion vessel on an ideal response boiler, I need to check the pressure and the manual appears not to show its location,

many thanks

nige

Reply to
Block

You presumably mean the valve for checking/topping up the air pressure? I don't know where it is, but it will look very much like a a car tyre valve. If you look (and/or feel) all round the vessel, it shouldn't be too hard to find.

Reply to
Roger Mills

thanks for reply,

will have another thorough look around, its just difficult with the thing in situ

nige

Reply to
Block

Are you sure it has one? If it is an open vented system then it may have been omitted.

Do you have a filling loop or a header tank?

Reply to
John

Yes it a combi and combis (always?) are sealed systems. If you are sure the problem is the vessel then why not make a repair or work around as per the FAQ?

Reply to
Ed Sirett

When you say repair do you mean install another vessel in the pipe work?? I dont fancy replacing the existing one as it necessitates removal of boiler from frame. I will probably do a work around as per your FAQ, how long is this useable untill i get around to replacing the boiler?

many thanks for your replies,

nige

Reply to
Block

Heatslave HiFlow )

Reply to
John

cheers john

Reply to
Block

How long the boiler has will depend on whether the dreaded main heat exchanger leaks have started yet.

The life expectancy of a Response 120 is pretty short. Your best bet is to run it on maximum, keep as many TRVs on max as possible and use the main wall thermostat to control the system.

Also consider adding an open bypass between the flow and return to get the return water above 60C as quickly as possible.

The trouble is that the boiler is apt to condense and it just can't handle the condensate.

The first sign of trouble may well be an ignition failure and lockout.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

the dreaded HE leak hasn't started yet but i am ready for it this time ( few cans of beer and the samaritans number by my side).

cheers nige

Reply to
Block