Where (in UK) to get ridge vent stuff like in Truini's shed book?

Hi everyone,

I am making a Wendy house for my daughter, making the plans by reference to Truini's book, "Building a Shed". Well, he does not tell you how to make a Wendy house, but his instructions and plans are adaptable.

On page 159, he refers to some ridge vent material, that comes in a roll 10 inches wide. It looks a bit like a giant Brillo pad. Not very thick, but elongated and widened.... You leave a gap at the ridge of your shed/Wendy house, unroll the Brillo pad along it, and lay felt over the top of that. You partially squash it with felt and nails, but leave enough thickness for air to flow through.

I cannot find this Brillo-like material in the UK. Can anyone tell me where (or even if) it is available here? (The book is American.) Or is there something else cheaply available that would do the job?

Screwfix sell something called Redi Roll at 52 quid for 5 metres. But I only want 2.5 metres, and I do not want to spend 50 quid.

Thanks, and regards from David P.

PS, the plan on page 147 of Truini has various errors, so watch out if you are going to use it. -dp

Reply to
myheadisonbackwards

The message from myheadisonbackwards contains these words:

Wire wool? It certainly looks like a Brillo pad'...

Reply to
Anne Jackson

Maybe I should have said that Truini's Brilloid stuff is probably plastic ...

Regards from My head is on backwards.

Reply to
myheadisonbackwards

What about hob extractor filter stuff?

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Aha! I was trying to think where I had seen something similar, and that is it.

Now if I can get a roll of this, about 8 inches wide, 2 inches thick and 10 feet long ....

Any ideas, anyone?

Thanks Tim! -DP

Reply to
myheadisonbackwards

Try your local industrial cleaning supplier: they might not have a roll of the stuff, but they might have pads that could be laid end to end.

Reply to
Mr Fuxit

Yes, thanks, I will try that.

Regards, DP the OP