Where get mail order diaries by Letts? [off topic]

So, it's OK to post ANYTHING to ANY newsgroup, as long as it's marked off-topic?

I think not...

I said you were thick...

Reply to
Bob Eager

Yup. A cancel.

It can't be the letter "a" which is throwing you. (Well, I hope not). So it must be something in "cancel".

So what is it you can't understand about "cancel"? Don't just stare. Spit it out.

Well I guess you (Fagin), and maybe your mate Stuart (Oliver Twist) too, haven't come across newsgroup cancels yet.

Well, here's a chance to grab a bit of free education. Don't let the chance pass you by as your need seems great.

Will

Do you know the difference between "tried a cancel" and "done a cancel"? Good. Then you will understand why I wrote "try".

To be honest I think you'll find that far more Usenet servers than the "few" you mention will actually honour cancels. After all, not everyone is a member of the Freedom Knights. And that's why cancel attacks can happen at all.

Now see if you can get it over to my pal Turku 'cos he seems to neeed a bit of help with this. BTW is there a list of Usenet servers running cancelbots in a Letts 2007 diary. Woooo. Let's all hope so! :-)

BTW is this still on your server (not in your reader's cache):

----------------------- NNTP-Posting-Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 20:03:38 -0600 Subject: Re: Where get mail order diaries by Letts? [off topic] From: Tunku

Will wrote in news:Xns9889A9F894EB74C1H4@127.0.0.1:

Hah ! a cancel eh? noob.

-----------------------

Reply to
Will

The reason I did not TRY a cancel is because not being a "noob" I know it won't work .!!!!

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

Do you "KNOW" that or just "THINK" that?

Maybe your ISP's newserver doesn't carry control.cancel or won't propagate them. Or maybe your newsreader won't let you easily issue the command but that hardly means it is not at all possible.

Cancel attacks on the Usenet never occur now? NNTP control messages no longer viable?

Will

Reply to
Stuart

Right. Then that's a good start. We're talking the same language.

What about answering the other questions I ask?

Reply to
Will