Where do I get an ACCURATE humidity meter?

It seems you can't read your own post. Here:

background noises tend not to be constant

Keep going.

Reply to
tabbypurr

nope, there was no statement below about pedantry at all.

I didn't say I set it to 20C, but I certainly do tell the difference, otherwise I wouldn't set it that closely.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

You're worrying about minute amounts of wastage.

You're most unusual. If you have a room with a thermostat that allows 20C to 21C, and you ask a random person in it if it's 20C or 21C at this moment, they wouldn't know.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

I was talking about the hysteresis of available stats. None have 6C. Yours claims to be 0.3, mine are 1. 6 was not in the discussion.

Those that are not constant are annoying. You can go to sleep on a ship with an engine at constant revs, you can't go to sleep with cars driving past your house with an open window every so often.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

I'm not worrying about anything

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

As I said I tried one that did. It was on a portable heater and was utterly useless

the bimetal stat I referred to has 0.5C hysteresis

loads of us have done it numerous times with no difficulty.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I've gone to sleep behind a rock concert PA stack at full volume.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It's an expression, HTH.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

Stats on the device are always useless, they are affected by the output of the device.

Which I still contest is unnecessary unless you're trying to breed some exotic endangered species that's really fussy. Most people want say 20C in their house and are quite happy to have 20C +/- 1C.

City slicking fool.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

clueless