Where can you buy 10mm cam fasteners?

Hi. I've got some flat-pack furniture which uses cam and dowel fasteners (sometimes called cam nuts and cam bolts I believe). The round cams are

10mm diameter and I've broken one. I've looked around for these - Screwfix sell 15mm diameter ones but not 10mm. Any one know where I can get them? Cheers Steve
Reply to
Steve

Hva you tried Woodfit or Isaac Lord

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

The 10mm are commonly used for drawers, IKEA have bins full of things like that in the complaints area.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Try

Reply to
Rod

Thanks for the replies guys. Isaac Lord and Woodfit don't sell them. I haven't got an IKEA nearby but I'll investigate in case they can do it by post. Cheers Steve

Reply to
Steve

Don't think Ikea do anyhting by post but worth a try anyway..best of luck

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

I don't think they do post either.

Why not ask the store that the stuff was purchased from? If they don't have spares they should at least have the manufacturers details and they should be able to help.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

According to their website they deliver in England and Wales.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

But don't you need to go to the store to buy it first ...Ikea are years behind the times re on-line shopping . They've been talking about it for ages . There used to be a place in Glasgow that took orders and travelled down to Darlington to collect stuff ( for a fee naturally) but that died a death when Ikea opened at Braehead .

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

Contact their Customer Service Department at your neatest store and they should offer to post out to you. They'll probably want to know which product it came from. Pax wardrobe? Bonde bookcase?

On past experience, it takes them a looooong time.

That's not the impression I get. They have an on-line 'shopping trolley'.

Have a look for yourself.

Frank Erskine

shown with a trolley ..ones you cannot buy online have a trolley symbol with a line through it and they seem to be the majority . There is an IkeaDirect which operates from Edinburgh which delivers (pricey) to Aberdeen and Inverness etc but not Glasgow .

Ikea do not deliver to Scotland or N.Ireland .

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

I have certainly had letters from them about ordering throught their web site - it is fairly new.

Reply to
Malcolm

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately Woodfit and Isaac Lord don't sell them. The nearest Ikea is far away. I'll keep looking. Cheers Steve

Reply to
Steve

If you have no luck locating any, short of drilling out larger holes you could maybe plug the (nut) hole with epoxy putty, "screw" the cross bolt into that and let it harden. If you coated\covered the bolt in some sort of release agent (a gun pointed at my head suggests candlewax ) - tested first on a lump of the putty you could probably unscrew it again if necessary. Thus retaining the knock-down capability if that's an important factor. These "high tech" fixings aren't magic or anything they're just the simplest foolproof way of joining things together for potential customers unfamiliar with any possible alternative methods. But there should always be workarounds in the event of problems arising.

michael adams

michael adams

10mm Cam locks can be found here:
emflatpack

He might have found some in the 8.5 years since he posted, or given up!

Try checking the date of the original post before replying.

Reply to
The Other John

Or that might be useful information for others searching for fairly obscure things, regardless of timeline - like me!

Reply to
Muppetbreath

Please Home owners hub users. do two things for us out here in the real world. 1. check the date of the post you are replying to, particularly the year 2, make sure you add some quotes into the message from the original message as the broken web site does not do this, culminating in people out here not having a clue what you are talking about. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa