Where can I get an oversize 2m (6' 6") bath panel

I want a cheap plastic panel that's slightly longer than the side of the bath. Getting nowhere Googling. Prob'ly just me having a bad day. Any ideas where I might buy?

Thanks Tony

Reply to
tonyjeffs

What about a sheet of ply, decorated with wall tiles or whatever the floor covering is?

I made a panel by hanging IKEA decorative kitchen unit end panels on hinges from a piece of 3x2 timber. You can hinge them up to access the space under the bath (which is currently storage for the spare unused floor tiles).

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Hi Andrew. That's actually what we had, tiled plywood, but i was lazy and fitted it in such a way that I couldn't easily remove it. I recently had to rip it off to solve a leak. Using kitchen panels is a great idea. I'll have a look at what's available.

Tony

Reply to
tonyjeffs

,

I also waxed them well, particularly the edges and bottom. I don't know how well they would stand water spillage otherwise.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I'm not sure whether kitchen panels would last very well in the wetter environment of the bathroom. YMMV of course.

Reply to
Mark

Mine is about 6 years old now. Also used IKEA kitchen cupboards cut down to 20cm deep to mount a semi-recessed basin into. They were a small fraction of the cost of fitted bathroom units, and the quality of fitted bathroom units seemed to be crap compared with fitted kitchen units.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel