Where can I get a meat hook?

with going to an abottoir.

Need to get up the ladders at the weekend and burn paint off the top of the front elevation as the lenght of the gas bottle hose is to short for leaving it on the bay roof I need to hang it on one of the rungs of the ladder near to where Im working.

TAI

Reply to
George

Have you got a decorators' supplies shop (e.g. Crown decorators centre) near you? They certainly used to sell hooks for paint kettles.

Reply to
Howard Neil

Metal coat hanger formed as necessary??

HTH

John

Reply to
John

On a 6.4Kg bottle weight. Nah! :-)

Reply to
George

Not strong enough?

Reply to
George

Any of these any good?

Howard Neil

Ta for that but I doubt whether they'll get here for tomorrow. ;-)

I'll pop into the butchers and ask has he a spare one,probably I'll buy some meat first. ;-)

Reply to
George

Sorry I thought you were just talking of something to hold the hose whilst you did some scraping etc!!!

John

Reply to
John

Don't use a meat hook, they've got sharp pointy ends!

Real decorator's suppliers (Crown are good) sell hooks. Otherwise bend one up. If you're worried about dropping it, use a loop of baler twine instead of an S. If you need easy attachment _and_ you're worried about dropping it, a karabiner. If you're working near me and you have the local yoof nicking things while you're up the ladder, try a carbine.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Couple of ladder hooks bolted back to back?

Reply to
Bob Eager

Got a Screwfix near you?

SJP

In message , George writes

Dunno about meat hooks, but I know of a place that sells billhooks. And fork handles, O's and pumps.

Reply to
Peter Twydell

Just about any kitchen shop. Given that you are not using it to impale a half side on get one that has balls at the end rather than being sharp. You'll be grateful if you slip.

can't remember where we get the ones we use with balls instead of points.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Lanyard and a clove hitch?

Pete

Reply to
Pete Verdon

Any chinese supermarkets nearby ? - they'd probably do something suitable too...

Reply to
Colin Wilson

I use a *large* cable tie. Its releasable and is very useful for other things like fixing the top of the ladder to things to stop it falling.

Reply to
dennis