Where can I get a Heating Element for a Creda Dishwasher?

My Creda 47916 Dish Washer has been tripping my RCD and after borrowing a Megger, I have found that its the element.

If I measure between Live and Earth with the element in place, I get

50Kohms.. Once the element is disconnected, I get open-circuit.

Once the element is out, if I measure it between on of its connectors and the chassis, I get the same 50Kohms reading.. So the element clearly has broken down.

I was quite happy as CPC do an element which looked the same for =A316.. But when I looked closer, it was completely different. Unfortunatly, this is the only element that they do.

I have looked around the Internet and only found one company who sells an element and its almost =A350.

Does anyone know of a good supplier for heating elements? I wonder if the element I want is the same as one found in a different models and if so, I could search for it that way.

My only other option is to call Creda (Which I will do tomorrow), but I fear that they will be really expensive.

Any help with this would be appreciated

Best regards

Jon

Reply to
jon.p.weaver

Nope. They just list a very small number of parts. I've bought lots of non-listed Creda parts from them. Ring them up.

Probably something like the going rate, so expect CPC to be not much cheaper. Try them anyway; it will be a real Creda part, not a 'pattern'.

Reply to
Bob Eager

CPC have a wider range than they have in the catalogue. Obtain the model number, and ring them.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Thirded.

CPC have far more parts available than what's in the catalogue.

I have just had from them a new washer/drier pump and door interlock (both in the cataloge),

and

a fan oven element and fan motor (element was in the catalogue, motor needed a bit of research but they came up with the goods).

Seems that all the appliances that I put in about 8-9 years ago are just starting to wear out big style.

All the above bits were MUCH cheaper than other online spares suppliers.

Regards, Simon.

Reply to
Simon Stroud

Pity they've utterly buggered the website. For example, I was wanting to browse the "bearings" page to see if any might suit as replacement hoover bearings. Utterly impossible.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

They haven't buggered their website, it has _always_ been a crock of s**te. It was born like that!

Reply to
Andrew Chesters

Well, I've been struggling with the 'new' one today (again) and the old one was better...!

Reply to
Bob Eager

The old one was a crock of s**te. This one is s**te spraying out at high pressure.

This one it's impossible to view categories of related stuff sensibly. Try looking for a suitable Lead-acid battery for something, and you end up with an unsorted list of several hundred, and no way to do what the old one did, which IIRC was to let you view the appropriate catalog page, which was almost OK.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

They way I work their site is to look it up in the catalogue (paper) then type in their ref. number to see if it is in stock. By the time I've worked out a search criteria that finds what I want, I can find it in the book AND make a fresh pot of coffee!

Dull, but it works for me.

Reply to
Andrew Chesters

And you can burn the hourly bargains mailshots to heat the coffee :)

It's annoying, because some similar catalogs are actually quite good. For example, I find the RS catalog (

) for many things better than paper.

Reply to
Ian Stirling