Where can I find an inline tap for garden hose?

I have a bayonet coupling on the end of the hose to connect to my car washing brush. I also have a spray attachment. I don't want to have to walk all the way back to the garden tap each time I want to swap the bri=ush for the spray and vice versa. So what I want is a tap that I can fit in the hose about, say, 2m from the brush or spray.

MM

Reply to
MM

Why not simply bend the hose a few inches from the bayonet connector to stop the flow of water and then change the fitting and then release it once done?

That's what I've been doing successfully for more years than I can remember on a 60 metre hose.

Reply to
Unbeliever

Hozelock "Aquastop" end fitting is designed for just this purpose.

Reply to
charles

Google "inline hose tap" and you will get plenty of valid suggestions.

Wilkinsons, B & Q or any garden centre are likely places.

Hozelock, Am-Tech and Kingfisher all make them.

Reply to
Old Codger

You can buy a hose connector with a built in valve that cuts off the water when you disconnect it.

Reply to
harryagain

Ooh, messy!

I'd rather have a tap.

MM

Reply to
MM

Ruddy hell! That's just what I'm looking for. Hopefully, Wilkinson will have one without ordering.

Thanks!

MM

Reply to
MM

Yep, I now know this to be a Hozelock Aquastop.

MM

Reply to
MM

Get the brass version. My Wilko has it on the shelf. UV does for the plastic version within a year

Reply to
stuart noble

On Friday 15 February 2013 19:30 MM wrote in uk.d-i-y:

I'm sorry - I couldn't resist ;-> Have you never seen a hose type valve - they've been around for decades.

I have one about 3m from my hose's dangerous end, for exactly the same reason.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Only if you don't crimp the hose 'till the water stops flowing before you change the fitting - and I've never got wet (yet). :-)

Reply to
Unbeliever

Didn't know there was a brass version. Anyway, I've bought the plastic Hozelock one now, from Wilko this lunchtime. Works a treat. However, I'm going to keep that section of hose in the garage in future, since the Hozelock wasn't cheap (£5.25).

MM

Reply to
MM

Only if it is left outside all the time.

Reply to
Old Codger

The Wilko version is just £1

Old Codger

I usually leave the hose out all winter, having drained it in November (lift up to head height all the way along, allowing the water residue to flow out). But the new Aquastop cost £5.25, which is a lot more expensive than I normally pay for hose connectors (Wilko brand usually), so I don't want to risk it being damaged by frost or anything else. So I'm going to cut off the leading section of hose for about 2m, then keep just that section indoors/in the garage. The new Hoselock doubris should then last five years at least.

MM

Reply to
MM

But is it as good? (Mind you, Wilko in Spalding didn't have one of those, but they had three of the Hozelocks.)

MM

Reply to
MM

In my view yes and left outside they last just as long (or as short) a time as the hozelock.

Reply to
Old Codger

Get a lever ball valve, fit a tail either end and insert in your hose with jubilee clips. Seemple.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon