Where can I buy shear bolts this weekend?

Does anyone know of a seller of shear bolts that is likely to be open over the bank holiday weekend?

Thanks

Reply to
Harry Ziman

It almost certainly depends on exactly waht you want - there are many different types.

For example, I used to have an outboard engine which had a shear pin on its propellor - which sheared if the prop hit something solid rather than damaging the engine. You could get these from decent chandlers - which probably *are* open this weekend. I've also driven farm machinery which used a propellor shaft from the back of a tractor, connected by a shear bolt - which looked just like an ordinary bolt and nut, but was presumably designed to shear if a certain torque level was exceeded.

You'll have to tell us more!

Reply to
Set Square

And were he is in the UK, not much use telling him of somewhere open in Cornwall is he lives in NE Scotland !

Reply to
Jerry.

You're quite right about needing more information.

Set Square is dead right - it is on the prop shaft for farm machinery (a topper) and I am in Chester. I've looked in the machine mart catalogue and they don't stock them, B&Q don't appear to either. Obviously an agricultuarl merchant would but they will be closed until Tuesday.

Hope that helps ... and apologies for being too brief the first time.

Reply to
Harry Ziman