Where can I buy a string for a blind?

The string on the pull-switch in my bathroom is frayed and I want to replace it. However, if I buy a string specially for the purpose, inevitably the cowboys in the sheds will be wanting 3.99 or something equally daft.
The string is similar to that used on a blind. Where might one find just the string itself? A haberdashers, perhaps?
MM
On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 14:22:35 +0100, Mike Mitchell wrote:

Excuse me whilst I put my tongue firmly in my cheek - the sheds? To be serious, I bought a fair sized reel of thin braided cord, suitable for curtain pulls and the like from B&Q a few months ago. Sorry I can't remember the price.

Lots of places, I found hardware stores, haberdashers, Woolies, anything to do with blinds curtains etc.
TBH I was surprised, I needed to restring an otherwise ok venetina blind years ago, and thought I would have a helluva job
mike r