Where can I buy 5x20 6.3amp fuses?

The LV halogen lighting in my kitchen uses 5x20 6.3 amp fuses, one fuse per lamp. There are two transformers, one supplying six lamps, the other supplying eight lamps.
The fuses that are currently in the transformers are 5x20 250V 6.3 amp fast acting glass fuses, at least that is what it says on the box that had some spares when we bought the house.
I have looked in all the normal places, DIY sheds, QVS wholesale, etc, but nobody seems to stock them. I have found a couple of places on-line, but the delivery charges seem to be completely out of proportion to the cost of the fuses.
Any suggestions where I could buy these (Cambridge area)? Also, is there a difference between glass and ceramic fuses, and what is the benefit of using fast-acting fuses?
Because I am using Google to post (I cannot access news from work) I won't see responses very quickly, so please be patient if you have any questions for me.
Thanks
John
John Brown snipped-for-privacy@amgen.com wrote:

Maplin's do a 10-pack for 79p. (Product code GJ97F.)
They have a branch in St Andrew's Street, Cambridge.
http://www.maplin.co.uk /
--

Richard Lamont
< snipped-for-privacy@lamont.me.uk>
John Brown wrote:

Maplins, Gees etc?
These are electronic rather than electrical fuses.
5x20mm rings a bell as being a standard.
I can;t remember teh difference between glass and ceramic - there are alos powder filled types. Plus slo blo. Use whatever is original eqpt.
If mail ordering maybe Farnell, RS etc etc.

Thanks for the responses. I didn't think to look at electronics rather than electrical. I shall be visiting Maplins later.
On 3 Dec 2003 02:29:09 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@amgen.com (John Brown) wrote:

Ceramic should be used on mains voltages - glass ones can explode if there is a direct short across the mains.