Where can I buy 1 AA battery?

There isn't a single word of what you typed in there, why do you think I replied to you?

Reply to
dennis

In message , "dennis@home" writes

Because you're a clueless retard, dennis

Reply to
geoff

The wee line running from my post to your reply as shown in :-

list of items that use AA batteries is in red your reply is in the purple/mauve.

Reply to
soup

Like I said, that's the problem with using the headers to track the thread. The headers don't have any of the context in them. Remember that usenet is plain text and shouldn't rely on the extra info that may or may not be in the headers.

Reply to
dennis

So the entire world is wrong and you are right . Should have realised I was talking to a genius. Shan't bother you any more sir.

Reply to
soup

That's OK. Usenet is like shouting out what you want in a crowded room where each thread is a different room. Some will reply to what you said. Some will reply with something else. You can't just assume they are replying to you unless they actually say "Hey soup, this is what I think..." Anyway as I said before I was to idle to find the OP to reply to that and if I had just posted a new post without some headers you would have seen it as a new thread.

Reply to
dennis

On the contrary. The In-Reply-To header was devised for that very purpose. It was first introduced 27 years ago in RFC822 and still applies (RFC5322 section 3.6.4). If you choose to operate in a non-standard way then be prepared to cause confusion.

But you didn't quote anybody. In the absence of telepathy how are we expected to know which post you were talking about?

... in which case why even bother to reply to a post you were so eager to delete.

Reply to
Mike Clarke

Buy an AA Maglite or you... or this for your wife

a while you might find that bulk packs keep appearing in your battery store, then the 'clock battery problem' no longer exists.

Reply to
Mike

Sarcasm isn't what it used to be.

Reply to