Where and what price for scafold tower ?

I would like to buy a tower rather than a ladder. Mainly for safety reasons.

I need to replace the guttering and paint the windows. I've not had much luck with screwfix. It seems they charge =A3169 per section. Is this right ?

andysideas

OK and reasonable value for money. The Screfwix list is a bit confusing and the high prices are for higher quality Aluminium - you get what you pay for.

cheers

Jacob

Reply to
owdman

I got a load of cuplock from

I made a 6m tower with it, and then winched a half tonne roof beam into place with a winch hanging from the top. The only thing I have against it, is its not easy to put the 3m uprights in off the ground, so I now use 3m uprights on the bottom, and 2m above that. I have made triangles and stuff with it, and had it on sloping and stepped ground. I have about a grands worth.
even list the price they will buy it back for when you have finished using it - how cool is that !!!

Rick

Reply to
Rick

You could rent one instead if it's just for those few jobs?

alex

Reply to
Alex

Well, I checked out the website - as a reference they claim "as supplied to Chunky Chicken" (among others)

So I've got to ask: why would Chunky chicken need scaffolding towers? Maybe another question would be: who is chunky chicken, and does he fix guttering?

Reply to
Peter Lynch

I googled 'chunky chicken' and it seems to be a variety of soup. Doesn't help much.

Reply to
owdman

How much is it to rent scaff for a day? A bloke I know rents out his cherry picker if thats the correct terminolgy for it, basically a hydraulic lift wagon for £75 a day.

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Check out your local independant hire shop, they buy at good rates and IMO don't add huge margins on sale items. They also sell off old towers when they start to look scruffy - bargains to be had.

Dave

Reply to
david lang

I would like to buy a tower rather than a ladder. Mainly for safety reasons.

I need to replace the guttering and paint the windows. I've not had much luck with screwfix. It seems they charge £169 per section. Is this right ?

searching on ebay. your price sounds right for a whole brand new tower

Reply to
John

I had proper scaffolding put up at the back of my house, and that was £400 for 4 weeks, and £15/week thereafter. It was complicated by having to go round 2 corners and over a single storey roof. I have a quote for the front which is simpler of £300, which I'll be doing next summer. It was so much easier than using a ladder, which is what I've done in the past.

Prices seem very location specific. My brother asked about the same in London, and the figures pretty much had an extra '0' on the end.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I must be cheaper to buy your own and zip that up.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

It would be, only a responsible person would ensure they have public liability insurance, and insurers will insist the scaff is designed and erected by Certificated Members of the Honourable Guild of Worshipful Scaffies.

That's not "Certificated" in quite the same way you're certificated, BTW.

Does your Home have a climbing frame? Does Nursey let you play on the climbing frame and play at being a scaffolder? It's a shame the weather's so wet today, you'll have to stay indoors and look at your nice catalogues instead.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

..Owain. Owain, Owain we go ..he gives us info we don't want to know ..the info is so poor tis clearly true ..so how does this garbage affect you?

..well take no heed of babble and drool ..as instantly you will recognise a fool

..instictively you will spy ..in newsgroups with DIY ..attempting wisdom the fools will try

..so be very watchful of what the fools say ..and don't give these half-wits the time of day

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Surely its always wet when "it" is around?

Reply to
Matt

Great responses

Thank you

Reply to
andysideas

You obviously feel this through your fingers and toes.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Better to feel through the fingers than talk through the arse, as they say in old Czechoslovakia.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Through their arse? So, the feeling goes.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel