When we get old (er)

6 D cell maglite, you want to see who you are bashing.
Reply to
dennis

The first and last ones are important I think. The remote controls tend to suffer from debris from the rubber mat getting in the hole where the contact is made and stopping it from working. It can be cleaned out but this normally requires you to open up the remote, remove the mat and use ipa to clean off gunge and flakes that are in the holes where the contacts are. six months on and its got to be done again. With water taps its lime scale build up under the top and as many people do not turn off the tap firmly soon you need a good clean up or a lot more strength to clean out the lime scale. If you do not do the check it tends to start to drip in the middle of the night and with us all on meters that can be expensive. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

:o)

Reply to
Huge
[31 lines snipped]

That and the solvent uPVC cleaner that Wickes sell. Not sure what it is, but it sure removes grease. And the gooey layer on items suffering from "plastic cancer".

Reply to
Huge

Brian - DIY People may do these things for a good reason. I was really thinking of of those who actually abuse items rather than fixing things - or apply old habits to new devices.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Oooh - ta for the tip. I need something to clean the uPVC sills in the conservatory.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Make sure it's the solvent and not soapy water!

(I'm surprised you can still buy it.)

Reply to
Huge

You don't, you put some soap in water and stir.... ;)

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

One of the Sky remotes started to play up a good while ago. I took it apart, removed crap and noticed that the mat seemed to be damp. I gave it a good scrub with nail polish remover. Seems that I should not have done this. It works fine now though....................... or so I'm told. I watch very little telly.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Prick.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Can't afford a new remote for =A37 on Ebay?

-- =

"Cowpoke" - someone who does not use cows for their intended purpose.

Reply to
James Wilkinson

Not my fault I can remember to turn my lights off.

Reply to
James Wilkinson

Mr Pounder Esquire

New my backside. I have 3 working remotes in my office drawer.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Good song. Did you have a point or were you just listening to it?

Reply to
James Wilkinson

One for each hand and one for your foot?

-- =

A woman standing nude in front of a mirror says to her husband: "I look = horrible, I feel fat and ugly, pay me a compliment." He replies, "Your eyesight is perfect."

Reply to
James Wilkinson

"The Club" is the US version of Krooklock, but still the same device. Once in Baltimore, Maryland, I was stopped at a traffic light, and parked at the side of a road was a rusty old car, so rusty that I could see what was in the boot by looking through the rear wing. But it had a Club to prevent vehicle theft.

Reply to
Davey

That wreck is worth £100,000 if you get some artist to put it in the tate.

Reply to
dennis