When to make offer?

Baby will be a definite plus for people wanting a home to start a family in aaah

Anna

~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England |""""| ~ Lime plaster repairs / ^^ \ // Freehand modelling in lime: overmantels, pargeting etc |____|

01359 230642

Reply to
Anna Kettle

Oh, babies aren't that bad once you get to know them!

The awful thing about moving is that one is SO in the lap of the gods where so many people and organisations become involved over which one has little or no control. This sale and purchase of mine is still a relatively simple one, comprising these elements: A, B, C, and D. FTB A buys B's house, B buys my house C, I buy new house D. That's it! Yet already there is my solicitor, my buyer's solicitor, their buyer's solicitor, and my vendor's solicitor. Then there are three different estate agencies involved, plus removal companies, storage warehouses and so on. There are countless things to change, notify or cancel and everything has to happen by noon on completion date, with certain things, like reading the meters, inevitably having to take place at the last minute. Plus, one has to clean the house and leave it presentable, then drive 120 miles to the new house before the estate agent holding the key to the new property has gone home.

This whole system is the craziest imaginable, totally bizarre. There must be a better way. Maybe the HIPs will be a step forward.

MM

Reply to
MM