When is a ruler double sided ?

LOL - never thought of that. Although, as a right hander, using the left feels like someone else is doing it ;)

Reply to
Jethro_uk

No idea. Just use Waddingtons, and problem solved ;) As I said, it wasn't until I didn't use Waddingtons, that I realised there could be a problem.

Is it cheaper to only print the rank/suit twice, as opposed to 4 times ?

Reply to
Jethro_uk

I use either hand. It took a few seconds to "learn". I don't swap the buttons as I change hands too often.

Reply to
dennis

Quite a few people I know in IT do the same - just move the mouse over to the left. For some reason I don't like it. I find it much easier to go fully left handed.

The funniest thing is a couple of people I've known who *are* left handed, mouse right handed, as they learned on shared machines ...

Reply to
Jethro_uk

It's double sided in that if you flip it over teh cm marks are now at the top of the ruler and inches at the botom but still the right way up.

Good for poking students in the ribs at a metres distance :-)

Reply to
whisky-dave

I don't swap the buttons. I just pick the mouse up and plonk it down to the left of the KB.

You're Me, You Are.

Reply to
Huge

Me neither.

You need to lie on your arm first, so it goes numb.

Reply to
Huge

I'm rodentially ambidextrous :-)

I prefer to be able to write or check things off with my right hand while mousing with my left. My principal desk has a swept area on the right, so there's more room that side anyway (for papers etc.)

But as long as the 'inner' button is the primary one, I don't care which side it is. If I'm helping students, I occasionally have to use their mouse and that's nearly always set to be right-handed.

Reply to
Bob Eager

All proper mice have three buttons! :-)

Select text with left (button 1) and paste it with middle (button 3). Right button does things depending on context.

Cutting and pasting using the keyboard seems so clumsy to me (CTRL/C and CTRL/V) because you have to use the mouse to select the text so why not use it to cut/paste as well, less hand movement.

I'm fairly right-handed but use my trackball with my left hand. That's because my right hand started showing signs of RSI a few years ago. I've been in IT since the early 1970s.

Reply to
cl

/The seller has accepted that it was mis-described, but is now trying to avoid paying for return postage, which is actually his obligation under the old Distance Selling regulations which have now been incorporated into the new Consumer Contracts Regulations from 13th June 2014

Andrew /q

Then you have him? Just escalate the eBay claim for 'not as described' and let him make his own collection arrangements?

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

Under the DSRs, the customer was only obliged to make the goods reasonably available for collection by the seller, unless the terms and conditions stated that the customer had to return the goods at their own cost. There was never an obligation for the supplier to refund the cost of the customer sending the goods back.

Reply to
Nightjar

An interesting specification for a monarch.

Reply to
Nightjar

I'm absolutely delighted to hear that poking students in the ribs is still allowed. I had thought the namby pamby government and EU had put paid to that :)

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

:) :) That's the plan :) :)

I did offer him an easy way out before I raised an ebay 'case' as I feel they are rather heavy handed, but he got shirty !

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

No Colin, that would be double faced :)

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Indeed, but I haven't used a Xerox 1100 LISP system for several decades.

:o)

Reply to
Huge

I thought that was typing, but OK...

You're still talking about using the mouse, right?

NO CARRIER

Reply to
Adam Funk

/ :) :) That's the plan :) :)

I did offer him an easy way out before I raised an ebay 'case' as I feel they are rather heavy handed, but he got shirty ! /q

Conman = f*ck him at his own game

Someone has to teach these pillocks :-)

Jim K

Reply to