When gas boiler fires up hob flames dim

I notice a big drop in pressure when my gas boiler fires up and I am cooking - is something wrong? it's always been like this - bothe the boiler and hob have seperate runs from near the gas meter so they're not both on teh same piece of pipe or anything.

If the gas is on low on the hob when the boiler kicks in it can put the hob out occassionally - the pressure drop seems worst when the boiler first fires up. - also the boiler is 10 or 20 years old.

Reply to
405 TD Estate

It's going to be necessary to measure the gas pressure with either one and both appliances operating. Would also be useful to know the power inputs of both appliances and the size, length and number of bends on the common pipe before they split apart. From the too little information provided, it sounds like it could be Transco's regulator which isn't working correctly.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Read the relevant section in the gas fitting FAQ. You have a fairly serious problem which might just be someone else responsibility.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

In article , 405 TD Estate scribeth thus

Suggest you get Transco out, and soon, to see if their regulator is delivering what it should.

This just shouldn't happen!...

Reply to
tony sayer

In message , 405 TD Estate writes

HAve you accidentally knocked the lever on the gas inlet so that it's not fully open ?

Reply to
geoff