Wheelie Bin repair compound? (2023 Update)

geoff :

unused

Reply to
Mike Barnes

I have seen a YouTube video where a soldering iron was used to close a large crack. There was a capital letter warning to AVOID TOXIC FUMES. The problem might be the weight of water it must hold. I dont know the answer to holes.

Reply to
IdleHans

Some difficult to glue materials can be made more reactive by momentarily playing a hot flame over the surface. This is sometimes done with PTFE. However, the warning about good ventilation is particularly important in that case.

A safer alternative is etching with an organo-sodium compound such as Tetra-etch. A more extreme approach is etching with sodium dissolved in liquid ammonia. Welding seems a lot easier!

John

Reply to
John Walliker