Whats the name of the console

when you want to turn off certain processes ie you go to start/run and type in a command for it?

TA

Reply to
George

oops! sorry wrong group.

Reply to
George

D'ya mean the Windoze Task Manager?

Wouldn't it be easier to use Ctrl + Alt + Delete (pressed together) to open it?

Don.

Reply to
Don Spumey

Tis ok,it was msconfig.

Reply to
George

MSConfig

Reply to
John Rumm

services.msc ;-)

Reply to
Colin Wilson

- Insert Linux or FreeBSD CD

- Press CTRL-ALT-DELETE

- Select reboot

- Install proper operating system

- Live happily ever after

Reply to
Andy Hall

Isn't that spelt "misconfig"? ;-)

Reply to
Andy Hall

or Solaris

:o)

Reply to
Huge

Ah, but that's expensive now, isn't it? :-)

Reply to
Bob Eager

Not sure what the smiley means, so I'll answer the question straight...

It's the same price as Linux & FreeBSD; zilch. Like them, the support costs money, but the O/S is freely downloadable from the net.

Reply to
Huge

I think it's free nowadays actually.

Reply to
tinnews

That's interesting. I know it *used* to be free, but there was then (after that) a period when it cost money. If it's free again, that's good.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Indeed. There were also periods when it was free for uniprocessor machines, but not otherwise. I don't think anyone cared much that I was running it on my twin-processor Ultra 60. Anyhow, it's now free, as in beer.

And what's more, free as in open, too;

Huge

I thought it was OpenSolaris that was free and Solaris that wasn't? Of course there may be very little technical difference between the two.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Huge