Whats it called and where would I Get it

I wish to lock a fence to a T track and want to use one of those over centre clamps, the type that pulls the bolt head tight to the top of the track when the little cam lever is flipped over.

I've tried every combination of words I know in Google but am not finding it.

And I know as soon as someone details it I'm going to appear very thick.

They're called senior moments .

Hopefully this will show what I am looking for

fred

"Toggle clamp" ? Google will find a supplier

Reply to
no_spam

Nope :-(

Reply to
fred

Jethro_uk

Not entirely clear what you want but could it be:

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

A Startpage search takes me to...

..which then tells me the supplier is...

..and found her...

...Ray.

Reply to
RayL12

'fraid not :-(

Reply to
fred

The generic name for the mechanism is "over-centre toggle". I bought some for a project years ago but never used them. Hopefully others can give you good links.

Reply to
newshound

And plenty of "toggle clamps" on eBay, including pull types.

Reply to
newshound

Yes you are correct as to the type but I cant find the ones I am looking for. They are quite small and similar to the image I posted.

Anyway thanks to all for their help

Reply to
fred

Perhaps some photos of the fence and T track would help us to understand exactly what is needed?

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Success

This is it and this the application

fred

pcb1962

Can anyone recommend aluminium T-slot supplier? The ones I seem to find tend to be ...

a) USA suppliers, cheap prices, won't ship to the UK b) UK suppliers, reasonable prices, constantly out of stock c) UK/European suppliers, with extortionate prices d) Chinese suppliers, priced by the kilometere.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Yes it was the recent email from WDS that supplied the correct name for a Google search

Reply to
fred

I bought some from Rutlands

pcb1962

Yes, I sort of put them in group c, compared to this supplier in group a

Reply to
Andy Burns

Definitely group c if you buy a single piece, but 4 for a tenner each, £2.50 per foot, is very reasonable in my book