Whats gas boiler worth?

Any gas fitters that could put a figure on the value of this boiler. Its an Intergas compact wall mounted, open vent 30kw gas boiler.

2 years old with one year warrenty still left.

Thinking of selling it on but what price? A new one listed at £851 although thats probably top end list so maybe a discounter/wholesaler would be cheaper.

Reply to
ss

2 year old open vented gas boiler? An antique surely?

Good luck with that. Have a look on eBay for completed sales if you want to know what folk are prepared to pay.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

At only 2 years old and still one year warranty!

Reply to
ss

Check ebay. Expect disappointment.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Worth sweet FA I would say. What's the point of changing it antway?

Reply to
harry

I think I'm mixing up open vented with open flued. ;-). That said, is there any boiler that can't be used in a sealed system and if not, why not?

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Not quite sure, its a mate who is `gas safe` registered and he does contract work for a guy who owns loads of flats, he has to take it out for whatever reason, we just thought a bit of a waste to dump it if it can be sold on.

Reply to
ss

How much does it weigh?

Reply to
Andy Burns

29k, postage for similar on ebay charge £50
Reply to
ss

I was thinking more of scrap merchant scales, than post office scales :-P

Reply to
Andy Burns

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Nah probably not worth the effort. The gas fitter doesnt bother with scrap, when he does a gas fit he dumps all the stuff in the drive and another guy collects it for scrap, thats how the `other` guy gets paid. It lets the fitter get on with fitting and this arrangement gets all the rubbish cleared away with the `other` guy making whatever he makes from the scrap.

Reply to
ss

As a consumer, I will generally get charged £1000-1500 for fitting, on top of the cost of the boiler. Given that these days boilers only last

5-10 years, it's false economy to use a secondhand boiler that's got a two year lower lifespan.
Reply to
GB

Depends if its a popular make if so may be worth breaking for bits. I just had a clear out of two u/s Worcester 24i's, I sold the timers on ebay (BIN) within an hour for £15 each. Other parts now listed and being 'watched'. I stripped the brass and copper and will weigh that in next time, sadly th e steel carcass is now worthless due to the world surplus. Probably make ab out £50-75 per boiler, and best of all it gives me summat to do now I'm r etired !

Reply to
simon mitchelmore

I guess it'll be a "rip out a gravity system & tank and replace with a combi". If you own a lot of flats I suppose it simplifies maintenance if you fit the same boiler in them all. A bit like ISPs giving away router/modems. Makes support much easier.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

There are a number of modern boilers designed to be used on vented primaries (e.g. Vailant 400 series). One could possibly convert them to sealed operation, but why bother when you can get one designed that way in the first place?

Reply to
John Rumm

If its as new, in box, and never been fitted, you could probably flog it on ebay for a few hundred - say £400 tops. If its been fitted and used, then treat it as worthless. You may get tens very low hundreds, but don't count on it, as the market will be very limited.

Reply to
John Rumm

What's the panel's view on buying boilers on ebay?

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

If you are buying from a firm that normally sells them, which also has a ebay shop then fine. If its an individual, then read the storey carefully - theres likely to be the odd bargain - boiler bought for job that did not go ahead etc, among all those that went walkies from a building site!

Reply to
John Rumm

Bought a new Viessmann from Ebay some years ago. Almost 200 quid cheaper delivered than the local Viessmann agent. No complaints.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)